<- Previous Log Select Different Log Next Log ->  
Log from 2009-03-07:
--- Day changed Sat Mar 07 2009
00:06 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: like this? https://launchpad.net/armagetronad-match
00:07 <BabyBug> ooo already done it ^^
00:08 <PinkTomato> as of 3 minutes of ago :)
00:12 <BabyBug> May as well of just created the team for it though. And then registered the branch under the armagetronad project. Rather than creating a new project.
00:12 <BabyBug> But both ways work =)
00:14 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: I didn't know if that would be rude or not :). Additionally, that list of projects on armagetronad is already too long :).
00:15 <BabyBug> and.....now you a shorter url to fetch from (lp:armagetronad-match) ^^ ... that's lazy i know =x
00:15 <PinkTomato> Oh yeah :D. Sweet :), Only I need to make some changes now to be able to use it.
00:19 <@armabot> armacommits: [trunk-armagetronad-fortress_ai] r905 Better base framework for AIs:... || [trunk-armagetronad-fortress_ai] r904 AIIdle -> AINavigator rename....
00:19 <BabyBug> Hey z-man...They grind! :D
00:19 <BabyBug> =x
00:26 -!- epsy [n=epsy@unaffiliated/epsy] has quit ["Ragequit."]
00:29 -!- animuson [n=animuson@CM-204-193-203-61.omah.tconl.com] has joined #armagetron
00:40 -!- ct|kyle [n=kyle@pool-71-97-147-102.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
00:41 -!- ct|kyle [n=kyle@pool-71-97-147-102.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #armagetron
00:56 <animuson> how can i create a custom setting that is a boolean (0 or 1) and how do i check if its true?
01:03 <z-man> In the code? Doesn't tConfigItem< bool > work?
01:03 -!- Durka [n=Durka@cpe-76-173-122-30.socal.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
01:03 <nsh22> hey durka
01:04 <animuson> nah its nSettingItem<bool>
01:04 <animuson> :P
01:04 <Durka> hey nsh22
01:04 <animuson> t*
01:04 <animuson> how come some of them use t and some use n?
01:04 <animuson> :-/
01:05 <luke-jr> network-enabled
01:05 <Durka> hey animuson
01:05 <Durka> quick question
01:05 <Durka> Are you the real "Player 1"?
01:05 <animuson> yea?
01:05 <animuson> >_>
01:05 <luke-jr> z-man: any idea why my floor texture branch doesn't work? :<
01:06 <Durka> scnr
01:11 <z-man> luke-jr: no.
01:11 <animuson> im out of ideas to include :-/
01:11 <animuson> lol
01:12 <luke-jr> :<
01:12 <animuson> i added KILL_ALL, SILENCE_ALL, [UNSILENCE|VOICE]_ALL, and SHOW_ADMIN_COMMANDS
01:12 <animuson> :P
01:13 <animuson> is it possible to collapse all the zones at once?
01:13 <animuson> i know COLLAPSE_ALL does it well but only for unnamed zones
01:13 <animuson> :-/
01:14 <animuson> i mean COLLAPSE_ZONE (with nothing after it)
01:30 <PinkTomato> animuson: that is a CT function?
01:30 <luke-jr> animuson: added to what?
01:36 <animuson> collapse_zone? yea
01:38 <luke-jr> …
01:38 <luke-jr> animuson: added to what?
01:38 <animuson> arma?
01:38 <animuson> :-/
01:39 <luke-jr> 0.3 I hope
01:39 <animuson> nah i havent gotten around to upgrading to 0.3 yet :P
01:40 <luke-jr> 0.2.8 is supposed to be dead
01:40 <animuson> :P
01:40 <animuson> well i dont feel like modifying the racing timer to work with 0.3 right now XD
01:41 <luke-jr> bad animuson
01:41 <luke-jr> you should have made it for 0.3 originally -.-
01:41 <animuson> i didnt make it
01:41 <animuson> hoop did :P
01:41 <animuson> like over a year ago
01:41 <luke-jr> same diff
01:41 <luke-jr> development has been 0.3 for at least 2 yrs
01:43 <animuson> rnt u still on 0.2.8.3_beta2?
01:43 <animuson> or is the website just extremely out-of-date
01:43 <luke-jr> animuson: Any new 0.2.8.x will be bug fixes only
01:43 <luke-jr> all new features will be in 0.3+
01:43 <nsh22> 0.3 is developed at same time as 0.2
01:43 <luke-jr> not quite
01:43 <luke-jr> 0.3 is the only being-developed
01:44 <luke-jr> 0.2.8 is being *maintained* and *supported*
01:44 <animuson> lol
01:44 <animuson> does 0.3 work yet?
01:44 <luke-jr> so if someone finds a security leak in 0.2.8, that will get fixed
01:44 <luke-jr> animuson: of course
01:44 <luke-jr> for certain values of "works"
01:44 <luke-jr> nsh22: Fail
01:44 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has quit ["the computer has been thrown across the room"]
01:44 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #armagetron
01:44 <animuson> is there a sty+ct version for it? or was that stuff just included?
01:44 <luke-jr> aw
01:45 <PinkTomato> animuson: it has not been a year yet :)
01:45 <animuson> shh tomato >_>
01:45 <PinkTomato> I'm on the 7th/8th month
01:46 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@97-122-119-120.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #armagetron
01:46 <animuson> really? thats it?
01:46 <animuson> seems like its been longer :P
01:47 <PinkTomato> hmm, maybe it has been
01:47 <smoothice> hi yall
01:47 <PinkTomato> argh PHP templating information is too numerous.
01:48 -!- The_Master [n=master@unaffiliated/ttech/bot/themaster] has quit ["The Master flies into the sunset..."]
01:48 <smoothice> z-man: Lol I know it's a WIP... but when I was shocked about how amazing that it could beat me at fortress.. I expected newer revisions to work just as well :)
01:51 <animuson> whats the branch url for 0.3?
01:51 <PinkTomato> bzr
01:51 <PinkTomato> #bzr
01:51 <@armabot> bzr co lp:armagetronad (for trunk) bzr co lp:armagetronad/0.2.8 (for 0.2.8) bzr branch lp:~armagetronad-dev/armagetronad/0.3.1 (bzr >= 1.4)
01:52 <smoothice> bzr co for svn-like behavior
01:52 <smoothice> bzr branch for bzr-like behavior
01:54 <animuson> why is there no 0.3-sty+ct? :|
01:55 <PinkTomato> animuson: because sty was incompatible 0.3
01:56 <smoothice> PinkTomato: _was_
01:56 <smoothice> luke-jr: are you available?
01:56 <animuson> theres a +sty
01:56 <animuson> but theres no +ct
01:56 <smoothice> yeah
01:56 <smoothice> after I'm done
01:57 <smoothice> kyle and voodoo are going to port all their stuff
01:57 <PinkTomato> smoothice: (00:55:55) PinkTomato: animuson: because sty was incompatible 0.3
01:57 <PinkTomato> I did say was ;)
01:57 <smoothice> hah
01:57 <smoothice> lol
02:00 <PinkTomato> #night
02:00 <@armabot> Good night PinkTomato!
02:00 -!- PinkTomato [n=sam@hn-33-170.brookes.ac.uk] has quit ["Leaving."]
02:01 <animuson> #night
02:01 <@armabot> Good night animuson!
02:01 -!- animuson [n=animuson@CM-204-193-203-61.omah.tconl.com] has left #armagetron []
02:11 -!- Durka [n=Durka@cpe-76-173-122-30.socal.res.rr.com] has quit []
02:13 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
02:29 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
03:10 -!- ivantis [n=myG1@m440436d0.tmodns.net] has joined #armagetron
03:11 <ivantis> does this comic remind anyone else of 2 people that normally reside in this channel?
03:11 <smoothice> BabyBug: for some reason I cannot compile trunk on my Ubuntu server
03:11 <ivantis> http://xkcd.com/298/
03:13 <ivantis> the guy with the hat really reminds me of epsy
03:13 <ct|kyle> ivantis: you disappoint me, I thought for sure it was going to be a BabyBug / lizmatic one
03:13 <ivantis> kind of babybugish
03:14 <ivantis> i have never talked with lizmatic
03:15 <ct|kyle> I did think of epsy, but who is the other one
03:15 <ivantis> man that hatted man reminds me of everyone here!
03:16 <ivantis> the other guy reminds me of nsh22, smoothice, and whoever that other guy is
03:16 <ivantis> the relatively new people
03:18 <smoothice> ivantis: -.-
03:28 -!- z-man [n=manuel@p50870A19.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
03:31 <ivantis> you are kind of new!
03:31 <ivantis> who is that other new person?
03:32 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #armagetron
03:36 -!- ivantis [n=myG1@m440436d0.tmodns.net] has quit ["Powered by fIRC v0.2.7, the android IRC client."]
03:40 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@unaffiliated/smoothice] has quit []
04:08 -!- BabyBug [n=babybug@87.113.27.181.plusnet.pte-ag1.dyn.plus.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
04:09 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@97-122-119-120.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #armagetron
04:36 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
05:01 -!- G5 [n=G5@cl-506.dus-01.de.sixxs.net] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
05:44 <Red_Pachel[home]> i began writing a scoring perl app that used the log files, it works fairly well and is very simple, but i realized some serious flaws the data is never normalized, are there any other mod's like this out there that might work much better than mine?
05:44 <ct|kyle> what logs are you using?
05:45 <Red_Pachel[home]> actaully, i've taken the onscreen output and piped to a file, and i process it via cron every X minutes, i was going to use the debug logs, but quickly learned they were not exactly readable w/o the log reader
05:46 <ct|kyle> try the ladderlog.txt
05:46 <Red_Pachel[home]> ok! .. defaults to /var/log/ ?
05:46 <ct|kyle> wherever the variables are
05:47 <Red_Pachel[home]> ok i'll check it out! thanks
05:47 <ct|kyle> also
05:47 <Red_Pachel[home]> yes?
05:47 <ct|kyle> you may want ct+sty because it has a bit better of a ladderlog for scripting
05:48 <Red_Pachel[home]> ct+sty ????
05:48 <ct|kyle> https://code.launchpad.net/~armagetronad-ct/armagetronad/0.2.8-armagetronad-sty+ct
05:50 <ct|kyle> I think the main advantage to it is that it has a ROUND_COMMENCING  in it  and maybe a more stable GAME_TIME
05:50 <Red_Pachel[home]> alright! i can see how that can help!
05:51 <Red_Pachel[home]> have other's writen scoring scprits/mods before? i can only assume so
05:53 <Red_Pachel[home]> is there a description of these files some where? like what is ladder.txt?
05:53 <Red_Pachel[home]> now i'm just curious
05:53 <ct|kyle> ladder.txt is where it stores the ingame ladders
05:54 <Red_Pachel[home]> ok, maybe a dumb question .. what's a ladder?
05:54 <ct|kyle> rating system
05:55 <ct|kyle> http://crazy-tronners.com/wiki/index.php/Edlog  that has a list of all the ladderlog stuff in sty+ct
05:55 <ct|kyle> there are also a few more than that
05:55 <Red_Pachel[home]> ah! nice reading material! thanks
05:56 -!- Vanhayes [i=Vanhayes@CPE001111c2dce8-CM001a66837916.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has joined #armagetron
05:56 -!- The_Master [n=master@unaffiliated/ttech/bot/themaster] has joined #armagetron
05:58 <ct|kyle> Red_Pachel[home]: http://plantpeanuts.co.uk/flowersumo/edlog_parser_0.1.1.php.txt  this could also give you a little idea as to how to use it
06:04 -!- dlh [n=dlh@c-75-69-147-94.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has quit ["⌘Q"]
06:05 -!- Stewah [n=Stewah@cpe-76-88-116-195.san.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
06:10 -!- G5 [n=G5@cl-506.dus-01.de.sixxs.net] has joined #armagetron
06:12 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
06:12 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
06:40 -!- ct|kyle [n=kyle@pool-71-97-147-102.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has quit ["Leaving."]
06:42 <@armabot> armacommits: [armagetronad-v2sty] r876 Getting onEntry and some ePlayer stuff compleated, should be...
06:53 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@unaffiliated/smoothice] has quit ["void smoothice::leave();"]
07:29 -!- Vanhayes [i=Vanhayes@CPE001111c2dce8-CM001a66837916.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
07:46 <@armabot> armagetronad:  * resources/turtle/classic/4towers-0.0.1.aamap.xml: Resource by turtle
08:23 -!- evaldusia [i=evaldusi@187-173-70.elekta.lt] has joined #armagetron
10:02 -!- joda_bot [n=anonymou@dslb-084-061-072-003.pools.arcor-ip.net] has joined #armagetron
10:13 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
10:13 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
10:20 -!- BabyBug [n=babybug@87.113.27.181.plusnet.pte-ag1.dyn.plus.net] has joined #armagetron
10:27 <BabyBug> moooooooooooooooooorning :D
10:40 -!- MrBougo [n=MrBougo@ip-62-235-220-25.dsl.scarlet.be] has joined #armagetron
10:47 <MrBougo> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr2n
10:47 <MrBougo> eh.
11:02 -!- PinkTomato [n=sam@hn-33-170.brookes.ac.uk] has joined #armagetron
11:04 <PinkTomato> spam spam :( : http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?p=204423#204423
11:16 -!- z-manuel [n=manuel@p50870A19.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #armagetron
11:42 -!- MaZuffeR [n=mazuffer@darkmoor.sby.abo.fi] has joined #armagetron
11:42 <BabyBug> Why is guest posting even allowed on the forums?
11:47 <MaZuffeR> it isn't, posts from removed accounts are shown as guest posts
11:47 <BabyBug> oooo =x
11:50 -!- zmanuel [n=manuel@p508713C5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #armagetron
12:08 -!- arrow [n=euclid@adsl-dyn40.78-99-184.t-com.sk] has joined #armagetron
12:10 -!- z-manuel [n=manuel@p50870A19.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
12:16 -!- zmanuel [n=manuel@p508713C5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has quit [Read error: 113 (No route to host)]
12:25 <MrBougo> woah seriously?
12:25 <MrBougo> now they team up?
12:25 <MrBougo> soon they'll be chatting and sending links on their own forums
12:25 <MrBougo> and talk about taking over humanity
12:57 -!- arrow [n=euclid@adsl-dyn40.78-99-184.t-com.sk] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
13:00 -!- arrow [n=euclid@adsl-dyn40.78-99-184.t-com.sk] has joined #armagetron
13:28 -!- epsy [n=epsy@unaffiliated/epsy] has joined #aRmAGetRoN
13:48 -!- evaldusia [i=evaldusi@187-173-70.elekta.lt] has quit [Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer)]
14:04 <guru3> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qZW8F0WC78
14:14 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
14:14 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
14:25 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has joined #armagetron
14:42 -!- emphasis [n=rolf@074-140-045-062.dynamic.caiway.nl] has quit []
14:43 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has quit []
14:45 -!- emphasis [n=rolf@074-140-045-062.dynamic.caiway.nl] has joined #armagetron
14:59 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has joined #armagetron
15:08 -!- MrBougo [n=MrBougo@ip-62-235-220-25.dsl.scarlet.be] has quit []
15:08 -!- ct|kyle [n=kyle@pool-71-97-147-102.aubnin.dsl-w.verizon.net] has joined #armagetron
15:19 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has joined #armagetron
15:22 <nsh22> hey hey hey
15:22 <nsh22> good mornin ladies
15:22 <nsh22> :P
15:22 <PinkTomato> #morning nsh22
15:23 <@armabot> Good Morning PinkTomato Random Fortune: FORTUNE PROVIDES QUESTIONS FOR THE GREAT ANSWERS: #21 || A: Dr. Livingston I. Presume. || Q: What's Dr. Presume's full name?
15:24 <nsh22> :P
15:25 <nsh22> #q
15:25 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #1: "Was this compiled by our friend Sum Ting Wong? --WallyWallWhackr" (added by Lucifer_arma at 06:37 AM, March 24, 2006)
15:25 <nsh22> lol
15:28 <nsh22> #quote
15:28 <@armabot> nsh22: Maybe you should loosen her clothing or something." -- Gaspode the wonder dog (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)
15:28 <nsh22> #q
15:28 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #12: "'ebuild blah portage rocks emerge hotplug coldplig - armabot mashuffle'" (added by n54 at 05:44 PM, March 29, 2006)
15:56 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@97-122-119-120.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #armagetron
15:57 <smoothice> ello nsh22
15:59 <nsh22> ello smoothice
15:59 <nsh22> #q
15:59 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #85: "i spelled sumthing wrong -nsh22" (added by Lucifer_arma at 01:06 AM, January 07, 2009)
15:59 <nsh22> :(
16:00 <smoothice> Lol!
16:00 <nsh22> #Q
16:00 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #85: "i spelled sumthing wrong -nsh22" (added by Lucifer_arma at 01:06 AM, January 07, 2009)
16:00 <nsh22> #q
16:00 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #78: "<Lucifer> we all live in the other submarine, the other submarine, the other submarine" (added by epsy at 08:20 PM, August 01, 2008)
16:00 <smoothice> #q
16:00 <@armabot> smoothice: Quote #87: "<BabyBug> the thought of rabbit teeth near my clit is in no way sexy" (added by Lucifer_arma at 04:58 AM, January 18, 2009)
16:00 <nsh22> lol
16:00 <nsh22> hahaha
16:00 <smoothice> heee
16:00 <nsh22> #q
16:00 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #72: "epsy puts himself in the middle and eats it.  --epsy" (added by Lucifer_arma at 12:48 AM, July 28, 2008)
16:00 <nsh22> #q
16:00 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #57: "* epsy runs away from MrBougo | <epsy> i'm gonna take a shower brb | * MrBougo follows epsy *" (added by MrBougo at 01:38 PM, August 12, 2007)
16:01 <nsh22> o0
16:01 <nsh22> #q
16:01 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #13: "<hang3r> How many microbuscity's does it take to change a light bulb?" (added by hang3r at 07:41 AM, March 31, 2006)
16:01 <nsh22> #q
16:01 <@armabot> nsh22: Quote #81: "GodTodd: that lightning is just God aiming for luke-jr and missing" (added by ct|kyle at 07:50 AM, August 05, 2008)
16:01 <nsh22> hahahaha
16:01 <smoothice> #stop nsh22
16:01 <smoothice> lol
16:01 <nsh22> :P
16:01 <nsh22> kk i g2g
16:01 <nsh22> #roulette
16:01 <smoothice> #alias add stop echo nsh22, please stop.
16:01 <smoothice> ok
16:01 <ct|kyle>  #k-line nsh22
16:01 <@armabot> nsh22: *click*
16:01 <@armabot> smoothice: The operation succeeded.
16:01 <ct|kyle> :P
16:01 <nsh22> #roulette
16:01 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has left #armagetron [requested by armabot: "BANG!"]
16:01  * armabot reloads and spins the chambers.
16:01 <smoothice> lol
16:02 <ct|kyle> woot
16:02 <smoothice> #help k-line
16:02 <@armabot> smoothice: Error: There is no command "kline".
16:02 <smoothice> -.-
16:06 <PinkTomato> my bzr won't do anything...
16:06 <smoothice> same for me omg!!
16:06 <PinkTomato> really?
16:06 <smoothice> Yeah!
16:06 <PinkTomato> Mine just blinks.
16:06 <smoothice> mine seemingly stalls
16:06 <smoothice> I cannot branch or checkout anything from lp
16:07 <PinkTomato> ct|kyle: any ideas what we are doing wrong :)?
16:07 <smoothice> he had to go
16:07 <smoothice> I say temp LP outage
16:07 <BabyBug> It's fine here.
16:07 <smoothice> -.-
16:07 <smoothice> ur a baby so you don't know
16:07 <smoothice> what bazaar is
16:07 <PinkTomato> smoothice: we should upgrade our bzr's and try again :)
16:08 <smoothice> yeyeah
16:08 <BabyBug> bzr branch lp:armagetronad-match
16:08 <BabyBug> You have not informed bzr of your Launchpad ID, and you must do this to
16:08 <BabyBug> write to Launchpad or access private data.  See "bzr help launchpad-login".
16:08 <BabyBug> Branched 4 revision(s).
16:08 <smoothice> I'm dling 1.12
16:08 <BabyBug> it works whore!
16:08 <smoothice> ...
16:08 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: Woo
16:08 <PinkTomato> xD
16:08 <PinkTomato> I implemented a template class
16:08 <BabyBug> you did? woo \o/
16:09 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: I'm not sure if I done it right though :)
16:10 <BabyBug> i take it you're trying to push it? but that's what's not working?
16:10 <smoothice> I'm trying to co
16:10 <PinkTomato> I'm trying to push
16:11 <BabyBug> *shrugs* tis all hunky dory here!
16:14 -!- Lizmatic [n=Lizmatic@78-27-12-206.dsl.alice.nl] has joined #armagetron
16:14 <PinkTomato> smoothice: any luck with the update?
16:14 <smoothice> nope
16:14 <smoothice> still stalled on bzr co lp:~armagetronad-sty-0.3/armagetronad/armagetronad-v2sty
16:14 <smoothice> and branch
16:14 <smoothice> tried both
16:14 <smoothice> I'm going to #launchpad
16:15 <smoothice> PinkTomato: u ask :P
16:15 <PinkTomato> smoothice: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2009/03/07/%23launchpad.html
16:16 <PinkTomato> no one answered :(
16:16 <smoothice> you never asked
16:16 <BabyBug> logs are not instant
16:18 <smoothice> ooo k
16:18 <smoothice> well
16:18 <smoothice> #bzr is reporting the same thing
16:18 <smoothice> so lp is screwed up :P
16:18 <@armabot> bzr co lp:armagetronad (for trunk) bzr co lp:armagetronad/0.2.8 (for 0.2.8) bzr branch lp:~armagetronad-dev/armagetronad/0.3.1 (bzr >= 1.4)
16:18 <smoothice> hah
16:18 <PinkTomato> smoothice: so it not just us? ah, I thought the problem would be my ssh key, I forgot the password
16:18 <smoothice> nope
16:18 <smoothice> other users reporting the same
16:19 <PinkTomato> ahh, hope downtime is short,
16:19 <PinkTomato> any timescale?
16:20 <BabyBug> PinkTomato, "The server will remain locked to your account until everyone has left your server. " How are you planning to stop people abusing that? :P
16:20 <smoothice> meh
16:20 <smoothice> you can override that
16:21 <smoothice> easily :)
16:21 <smoothice> ladderlog write :P
16:21 <PinkTomato> hehe, I'm going to change how that works :).
16:21 <smoothice> lol
16:21 <PinkTomato> No plan yet
16:21 <smoothice> make ladderlog_write_game_time an Owner setting
16:21 <smoothice> and make the user Admin
16:22 <PinkTomato> Admin can't approve Admins
16:22 <smoothice> then recompile arma but in that build delete the ability to set it
16:22 <smoothice> lol
16:22 <PinkTomato> As long as an owner can't shell escape, I don't mind what they do to the server :)
16:22 <smoothice> lol
16:23 <Lizmatic> BabyBug, I HATE YOU =(
16:23 <PinkTomato> smoothice: I could make php run a cron job in an hours time to end server?
16:24 <smoothice> cron is crap
16:24 <smoothice> CronCrap
16:24 <PinkTomato> why so?
16:24 <PinkTomato> I have never used it
16:24 <smoothice> neither have I
16:24 <smoothice> lol
16:25 <smoothice> I just think it seems like something that would make the computer have to constantly _think_ about running cron jobs
16:25 <smoothice> therefore increasing cpu cycles and wear-and-tear
16:26 <PinkTomato> The computer will have to think constantly about doing nothing overwise though
16:27 <smoothice> hmmm
16:29 <smoothice> ^Cbzr: interrupted
16:29 <smoothice> -.-
16:35 <PinkTomato> smoothice: have you done templating in PHP?
16:35 <smoothice> oop?
16:36 <PinkTomato> sort of :)
16:36 <smoothice> Yeah
16:36 <smoothice> I don't do "templating" whatever that is
16:36 <smoothice> I do oop though
16:36 <smoothice> lol
16:36 <PinkTomato> ah :)
16:38 <guru3> wish i could do phpbb themes
16:39 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: http://dessert.ath.cx/download/armaserv/ is that clean php templated enough :)?
16:41 <PinkTomato> smoothice: I'm shrinking the code to that armagetron-match :)
16:41 <smoothice> good idea lol
16:41 <PinkTomato> plus I learnt require_once :D
16:43 <BabyBug> PinkTomato, better than it was :)
16:43 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: so it's heading in the right direction :D?
16:43 <BabyBug> PinkTomato, Yup!
16:43 <BabyBug> But you still still try get rid of the if statements and for loops out of the template files themselves
16:43 <smoothice> you never say that to me, BabyBug.
16:44 <PinkTomato> BabyBug: OK thank you! :), I'll change all the pages to a similar. BabyBug I'll look into that, but it seemed to make sense to use it like that :)
16:45 <smoothice> bzr is still broken :(
16:45 <smoothice> screw bzr
16:45 <smoothice> I'll use my private svn server
16:47 <Concord> how would one preset armagetron with custom connect settings?
16:47 <epsy> edit the default config file?
16:47 <guru3> change the shortcut?
16:48 <smoothice> http://crazy-tronners.com/resource/All_Tron_configs.cfg
16:48 <Concord> default.cfg?
16:48 <guru3> if that list could be properly tabbed
16:48 <guru3> so all the comments lined up
16:48 <guru3> that'd be good
16:48 <epsy> *spaced
16:48 <guru3> i'd also accept spaces
16:48 <epsy> because it's exacltly tabs that would fuck it up
16:49 <PinkTomato> guru3: isn't the armagetronad forums a custom phpbb theme?
16:49 <guru3> it's some files being tabbed ad others not tabbed
16:49 <guru3> PinkTomato: yes it is
16:49 <guru3> but i didn't do it
16:49 <PinkTomato> guru3: oh,
16:50 <guru3> community contribution
16:51 <BabyBug> smoothice, i never say that to you with good reason =)
16:51 <smoothice> -.-
16:51 <epsy> or rather, community sacrifice
16:53 <PinkTomato> argh, lagtest.net theme
16:53 <PinkTomato> brown on brown
16:57 -!- Netsplit kornbluth.freenode.net <-> irc.freenode.net quits: mkzelda, GodTodd, smoothice, joda_bot, Ttech[daedalus], arrow, Stewah, Novocaine, @armabot, MaZuffeR,  (+4 more, use /NETSPLIT to show all of them)
16:58 -!- Netsplit over, joins: armabot
16:58 -!- arrow1 [n=euclid@adsl-dyn40.78-99-184.t-com.sk] has joined #armagetron
16:58 -!- Netsplit over, joins: Lizmatic, smoothice, Concord, Red_Pachel[home], MaZuffeR, joda_bot, Stewah, mkzelda, Novocaine, GodTodd (+2 more)
16:58 -!- ServerMode/#armagetron [+o armabot] by irc.freenode.net
17:28 -!- MaZuffeR [n=mazuffer@darkmoor.sby.abo.fi] has quit [Remote closed the connection]
17:29 <PinkTomato> smoothice: bzr is fine now ?
17:32 <ct|kyle> it is fine for me too :)
17:33 <guru3> i really, really, wish the forums weren't a 1.2gb brick on disk
17:33 -!- MaZuffeR [n=mazuffer@darkmoor.sby.abo.fi] has joined #armagetron
17:34 <guru3> wow holy moly!
17:34 <guru3> the original 0.2.7.0 download page is hiding in there!
17:35 <guru3> (8315 Hits Since 07/02/04)
17:35 <smoothice> PinkTomato: yep looks like it
17:35 -!- joda_bot [n=anonymou@dslb-084-061-072-003.pools.arcor-ip.net] has quit ["Leaving."]
17:45 -!- animuson [n=animuson@CM-204-193-203-61.omah.tconl.com] has joined #armagetron
17:45 <animuson> anyone here good with SPAWN_ZONE and SET_ZONE_POSITION?
17:45 <animuson> i cant get them to work right :(
17:45 <smoothice> #cfg2 spawn_zone
17:45 <@armabot> smoothice: SPAWN_ZONE: spawn_zone_help
17:45 <smoothice> there ya go
17:46 <smoothice> :P
17:46 <animuson> http://pastebin.com/m5046934c
17:48 <animuson> zone A moves back and forth correctly but in some random spot
17:48 <animuson> zones B and C dont move at all
17:48 <animuson> they just sit there
17:48 <smoothice> hmmm
17:50 <epsy> gaah!
17:50 <animuson> haag!
17:50 <epsy> I found a CMake script for proto's
17:50 <epsy> but it's not documented
17:51 <epsy> so I don't know how to actually use it >.>
17:51 <epsy> will do my own then :<
17:51 <epsy> brb
17:57 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has joined #armagetron
17:59 <Concord> sinewav: http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq35/concordarma/?action=view&current=screenshot_1.png
18:00 <Concord> I made some progress on the menus
18:00 <sinewav> :o
18:00 <guru3> snazzy
18:00 <smoothice> Concord: :O
18:00 <Concord> and I don't even know c+_
18:00 <guru3> i'm looking into that pesky phpbb3 upgrade again
18:00 <sinewav> That's impressive conc.
18:00 <Concord> thnx :)
18:02 <smoothice> guru3: pesky?
18:02 <guru3> i've looked at it before
18:02 <guru3> this is the farthest ive gotten
18:02 -!- sinewav is now known as sine_away
18:02 <guru3> it's taking ages on the database
18:06 <guru3> here's a jeopardy question for everyone
18:06 <Concord> whats the terminal command to print the public ssh key?
18:06 <guru3> this sentence is the forums official phrase
18:06 <guru3> cat .ssh/id_rsa.pub?
18:06 <Concord> what is "you don't have to put up with this shit"?
18:06 <guru3> no
18:06 <BabyBug> an epic fail by lack
18:06 <Concord> guru, thnx
18:07 <guru3> BabyBug: no
18:07 <guru3> used to be everywhere
18:07 <BabyBug> guru3, well that's what he said!
18:07 <BabyBug> =x
18:08 <guru3> the phrase i mean
18:08 <guru3> back in the day
18:08 <BabyBug> uhh? what?
18:08 <guru3> the old forums moto
18:08 <guru3> LOL
18:08 <guru3> the upgrade worked
18:09 <@armabot> armacommits: [armagetronad-v2sty] r877 If the flag is already home. you cannot return it again
18:09 <smoothice> that's me ^ :D
18:09 <smoothice> muahahahaha
18:11 <guru3> http://guru3.net/temp/phpbb3.png
18:11 <PinkTomato> <br> is that what pointing out?
18:12 <PinkTomato> no more custom skin :(?
18:12 <guru3> i dunno
18:12 <guru3> just finding out about the viability of a phpbb3 upgrade at the moment
18:12  * animuson slaps PinkTomato around a bit with a large red cabbage
18:12 <smoothice> Lol!
18:12 <PinkTomato> why does Forum Admin<br>Project Admin happen?
18:13 <guru3> because that's a hack on my part
18:14 <guru3> because users in phpbb2 get 1 rank only
18:14 <guru3> so i used <br> to show a 2nd rank on a new line
18:14 <PinkTomato> Oh right :)
18:14 <guru3> but it seems that phpbb3 doesn't like html
18:14 <guru3> and the flags have been lost
18:14 <guru3> trying to find out if the attachments still work though
18:15 <PinkTomato> PHPbb2 does not have attachments?
18:15 <guru3> not by default
18:15 <guru3> that was a mad
18:15 <guru3> *mod
18:16 -!- Lackadaisical [n=lckdscl@ip202-29-210-87.adsl2.static.versatel.nl] has joined #armagetron
18:16 <guru3> Lackadaisical! just the man i was thinking about!
18:17 <Lackadaisical> hey!
18:17 <guru3> wouldn't happen to be interested in looking at phpbb3 themeing would you?
18:18 <Lackadaisical> is this part of the whole thing kamp was talking about ont he forums?
18:18 <guru3> not really
18:18 <guru3> i've been meaning to upgrade for ages
18:18 <Concord> how do you push to launchpad?
18:18 <guru3> but i happen to be on a bit of a php spree
18:18 <guru3> so i'm touching base on all my outstanding php projects
18:18 <guru3> which includes the forums
18:18 <Lackadaisical> ah ok.. yeah the forums could use an upgrade
18:19 <guru3> (my dissertation is written in php, so i've been on a roll lately)
18:19 <PinkTomato> Concord: bzr push lp:project
18:19 <PinkTomato> lp:[project] :)
18:19 <Concord> bzr: ERROR: Not a branch: "/Users/redwood/".
18:20 <guru3> they could
18:20 <guru3> they don't even work with phpbb5
18:20 <Lackadaisical> well i kinda like kamps idea of upgrading all things at once and give them all the same sort of style
18:20 <guru3> it's not a bad one
18:20 <guru3> but it's not something i'm capable of
18:20 <guru3> i'm sure you still remember the original logo
18:21 <Lackadaisical> heh
18:21 <PinkTomato> Concord: sounds like you need to set the project up ?
18:21 <PinkTomato> Concord: I forgot how to do that. :)
18:21 <Concord> hehe
18:22 <Lackadaisical> well i can help with skinning, but maybe you should ask him to get involved with it
18:22  * animuson slaps PinkTomato around a bit with a large red cabbage
18:23 <PinkTomato> No more cabbage! :D
18:24  * animuson slaps PinkTomato around a bit with a large bok choy
18:28 <akira_arma> #tea
18:28 <@armabot> akira_arma: Fortress Café: Players (13/32): Aiphaton, alf, apparitiøn (apparition@forums), Bah, Dr.lilian, Monkey.D.Luffy, noobSaibot +, pruWord (Word@forums), Pru|»th3¤r0z3r¥, rope, Sithy (Sithy@forums), Slëëpÿ, Tðbê (Tobe@forums)
18:29 <akira_arma> O.o
18:39 <guru3> right
18:40 <guru3> landlord showed up
18:40 -!- sine_away is now known as sinewav
18:42 <guru3> Lackadaisical: i'd be perfectly happy with the old theme ontop of phpbb3
18:42 <guru3> could switcheroo with no one notice
18:43  * sinewav likes the current look, but is pretty easygoing when it comes to change.
18:43  * animuson slaps PinkTomato around a bit with a large bok choy
18:43 <guru3> oh bloody hell
18:44 <guru3> on upgrading i'll have to rename all the attachment filenames
18:44 <sinewav> :/
18:44 <Lackadaisical> well i did a pretty bad job keeping style/content seperated when i skinned that.. would be pretty hard to recreate it for phpbb3
18:44 <Lackadaisical> it would take the same amount of work as just creating a new theme
18:44 <Lackadaisical> probably
18:44 <guru3> 'twas afraid of something like that
18:46 -!- animuson [n=animuson@CM-204-193-203-61.omah.tconl.com] has left #armagetron []
18:57 <mkzelda> #weather 27545
18:57 <@armabot> mkzelda: The current temperature in Hedingham, Raleigh, North Carolina is 73.2°F (12:57 PM EST on March 07, 2009). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 44.6°F. Pressure: 29.20 in 988.7 hPa (Steady).
18:58 <Concord> btw, my build: https://code.launchpad.net/~concord-arma/armagetronad/fortressclient
18:58 <guru3> only thing that doesn't work is flags :/
18:59 <guru3> but otherwise phpbb3 is feasible
19:03 <guru3> dinner time now
19:03 <guru3> adieu
19:03 <sinewav> bb
19:08 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@unaffiliated/smoothice] has quit ["void smoothice::leave();"]
19:09 <@armabot> armacommits: [trunk-unsilence-all-players] r891 added function || [fortressclient] r1 initial import
19:20 -!- sinewav [n=sinewav@adsl-76-197-246-93.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net] has quit [Read error: 131 (Connection reset by peer)]
19:30 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has quit []
19:45 -!- dlh [n=dlh@c-75-69-147-94.hsd1.ma.comcast.net] has joined #armagetron
20:05 -!- MrBougo [n=MrBougo@ip-62-235-220-25.dsl.scarlet.be] has joined #armagetron
20:12 <@armabot> armacommits: [0.2.8-armagetronad-work] r1091 SILENCE_ALL can be used on the client to ignore chat from al...
20:13 -!- luke-jr_ [n=luke-jr@ip70-187-26-118.om.om.cox.net] has joined #armagetron
20:15 -!- arrow1 [n=euclid@adsl-dyn40.78-99-184.t-com.sk] has quit ["Leaving."]
20:21 <epsy> woot, it builds .pb.h/cc's ! :D
20:22 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@97-122-119-120.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #armagetron
20:23 <luke-jr_> flags?
20:23 <Lackadaisical> countryflags
20:24 <luke-jr_> o
20:24 <luke-jr_> does anyone actually care about those? :o
20:25 -!- luke-jr [n=luke-jr@2002:46bb:1a76:0:20e:a6ff:fec4:4e5d] has quit [Connection timed out]
20:27 -!- ljrbot [n=supybot-@2002:46bb:1a76:0:2b0:d0ff:fe49:6b31] has quit [Connection timed out]
20:27 -!- luke-jr_ is now known as luke-jr
20:28 -!- luke-jr [n=luke-jr@ip70-187-26-118.om.om.cox.net] has quit [Connection reset by peer]
20:28 -!- luke-jr [n=luke-jr@ip70-187-26-118.om.om.cox.net] has joined #armagetron
20:39 -!- ljrbot [n=supybot-@2002:46bb:1a76:0:2b0:d0ff:fe49:6b31] has joined #armagetron
20:45 <epsy> /home/epsy/CODE/armagetron/trunk-cmake/src/tools/tRing.cpp:50: erreur: ‘NULL’ was not declared in this scope
20:45 <epsy> do we define NULL ??
20:46 <guru3> i thought it was a standard definition
20:46 <guru3> maybe it's null though
20:48 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@unaffiliated/smoothice] has quit []
20:50 <dlh> you need to include cstddef
20:50 <dlh> epsy:
20:56 -!- akira_arma [n=chatzill@77-64-161-27.dynamic.primacom.net] has quit ["ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.7/2009021910]"]
20:59 <epsy> is that from our project?
20:59 <dlh> cstddef is a std c++ header that just wraps stddef.h
21:00 <epsy> why didn't we include it already?
21:01 -!- madmax [n=madmax@unaffiliated/madmax] has joined #armagetron
21:01 <dlh> because in the current system it probably gets included in some other header before you need it from tRing
21:01 <dlh> and I'm not sure tRing is even used in the project. It probably could be removed
21:02 -!- smoothice [n=smoothic@97-122-119-120.hlrn.qwest.net] has joined #armagetron
21:03 <epsy> bespin is like a web IDE+code host or sth?
21:03 <epsy> dlh, mkay
21:04 <epsy> $ grep -Rn '<cstddef>' ../trunk/
21:04 <epsy> empty set :s
21:04 <dlh> grep for stddef.h, it could use that
21:04 <epsy> same
21:05 <dlh> tSafePTR.h
21:06 <epsy> don't see an include from there O_o
21:07 <BabyBug> you're blind epsy
21:08 <epsy> ah right
21:09 <epsy> ah, I see the prob
21:19 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has joined #armagetron
21:20 <nsh22> hey hey hey
21:22 -!- z-man [n=manuel@p508713C5.dip0.t-ipconnect.de] has joined #armagetron
21:25 <noob13> z-man, i wanted to ask, what version did you use for recording the ladle final? for me (on beta2) it gets stuck in the "mates" menu.
21:26 <noob13> is there a way to bypass that without installing a different client?
21:27 <z-man> 02.8.2.1, as usual.
21:27 <z-man> and no, it certainly won't work on any other version.
21:27 <z-man> <insert lecture about nature of DEBUG recordings>
21:27 <noob13> Ok, thanks :)
21:27 <epsy> @aawikis debug recording
21:27 <teabot> epsy: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=Debug_Recording - Debug Recording - Armagetron Advanced Wiki
21:27 <epsy> :)
21:28 <epsy> I'm making some progress with CMake
21:28 <epsy> .pb.h & .pb.cc are generated :)
21:28 <epsy> I'm on tools now
21:29 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has quit ["the computer has been thrown across the room"]
21:39 <smoothice> z-man: what does SetVelocity do in zones v1? I'm porting the blink stuff right now and I'm curious what that does and how I would bring it over to zones v2
21:40 <noob13> wouldn't it be possible to make the recordings more user-friendly? i mean, the client already has to know the location and movements of the other bikes. if these were recorded, couldn't the game data be played back afterwards?
21:41 <noob13> so that one could even change view and follow different players during the playback.....
21:41 <noob13> :P
21:41 <epsy> noob13,
21:41 <epsy> @aawikis debug recording
21:41 <PinkTomato> hmm, if we get mirroring working, shouldn't recordings become easy?
21:41 <teabot> epsy: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php?title=Debug_Recording - Debug Recording - Armagetron Advanced Wiki
21:41 <epsy> it is close to perfect for what it is meant to do
21:41 <epsy> now pretty much everyone around here don't get what they are meant to do
21:41 <guru3> did no one see my video? :<
21:41 <noob13> i see that, i was just wondering..
21:41 <epsy> I did
21:42 <PinkTomato> with the key response?
21:42 <z-man> SetVelocity? Dunno. Must be sty specific.
21:42 <epsy> noob13, I have somewhere around my mind a concept for game recordings(!= debug recordings)
21:42 <smoothice> z-man: It's a method of gZone
21:42 <guru3> yeah, showing the key presses
21:42 <guru3> smoothice: it sets the speed at which the zone spins, i think
21:42 <guru3> that or the speed at which it moves
21:42 <guru3> one of the two
21:42 <z-man> That would be SetRotationSpeed
21:43 <smoothice> Yeah
21:43 <guru3> ah
21:43 <smoothice> That's what I was thinking
21:43 <noob13> epsy, so you agree its possible and a potentially amazing feature?
21:43 <epsy> I do.
21:44 <epsy> but it won't be possible with debug recordings
21:44 <epsy> & pretty much nothing is impossible
21:44 <smoothice> guru3, z-man: should I comment out all the set velocities?
21:44 <guru3> //!             @param  velocity        the current velocity to set
21:44 <guru3> //!             @return         A reference to this to allow chaining
21:44 <smoothice> :/
21:44 <epsy> just that some stuff are impossible because they need a lot of work before we can actually get to it
21:44 <z-man> noob13: it's already possible to change camera stuff and watch different players, provided the recorder had the presence of mind to record in spectator mode.
21:44 <guru3> in gWinZone.cpp in zones v1
21:44 <epsy> that one falls into this group
21:45 <z-man> smoothice: why comment them out?
21:45 <smoothice> z-man: Because SetVelocity doesn't exist in v2
21:45 <guru3> i'm sure there's an equivalent
21:45 <PinkTomato> Is that moving Zones?
21:45 <smoothice> no
21:45 <z-man> It should be a member in zShape.
21:45 <smoothice> zonesv2-sty
21:45 <smoothice> ok
21:46 <z-man> If it isn't, then add it :)
21:46 <smoothice> I don't want to infect zones v2 with my corrupted and noob mind
21:46 <guru3> does that mean with have zCircles then?
21:46 <smoothice> lol
21:46 <guru3> and zSquares
21:46 <guru3> all sorts of zShapes
21:47 <smoothice> Here is  an example of setvelocity
21:47 <smoothice>                     shape->Position() = owner_->Position();
21:47 <smoothice>                     SetVelocity(owner_->Direction() * owner_->Speed());
21:47 <guru3> yes
21:48 <guru3> do you know the difference between speed and velocity smoothice?
21:48 <smoothice> The same :P
21:48 <guru3> WRONG
21:48 <PinkTomato> Ahh!
21:48 <smoothice> ?
21:48 <PinkTomato> Velocity = speed and direction
21:48 <PinkTomato> speed = speed
21:48 <guru3> PinkTomato: DING DING DING
21:48 <PinkTomato> hehe :)
21:48 <smoothice> alright
21:49 <PinkTomato> smoothice: SetVelocity(owner_->Direction() * owner_->Speed());
21:49 <smoothice> O_o
21:49 <smoothice> :P
21:49 <smoothice> The zones v2 looks to be SetRotationSpeed
21:49 <smoothice> equivalent
21:49 <guru3> setrotationspeed
21:49 <guru3> has nothing todo with setvelocity
21:50 <smoothice> whoa wait
21:50 <smoothice> how can a zone have a speed and direction
21:50 <guru3> ROTATION speed
21:50 <guru3> how fast it spins
21:50 <guru3> has nothing to do with what direction it's moving in and how fast it's going there
21:51 <smoothice> but
21:51 <smoothice> a zone moves?
21:51 <guru3> ever played styball?
21:51 <guru3> capture the flag?
21:51 <smoothice> yes...
21:51 <guru3> did you catch the zones moving?
21:51 <smoothice> yeah
21:51 <smoothice> lol
21:52 <smoothice> I'm just saying SetVelocity isn't declared
21:52 <smoothice> so
21:52 <smoothice> Should I make it?
21:52 <smoothice> copy the code over?
21:52 <guru3> i don't know if copying it is necessary
21:52 <guru3> but some equivalent
21:52 <guru3> should be someplace
21:52 <guru3> and yes you hsould make it if its not
21:53 <guru3> according to z-man
21:53 <PinkTomato> So... it's about moving zones?
21:53 -!- akira_arma [n=chatzill@77-64-161-27.dynamic.primacom.net] has joined #armagetron
21:53 <smoothice> yeah
21:53 <smoothice> I guess
21:53 <smoothice> lol
21:53 <guru3> hat was one of the thigns in mind when zones v2 was designed
21:53 <guru3> imagine if the fotress zone moved
21:54 <smoothice> GetRotation()
21:54 <smoothice> GetRotationSpeed();
21:54 <smoothice> SetRotationSpeed(REAL r);
21:54 <smoothice> GetRotationAcceleration();
21:54 <smoothice> SetRotationAcceleration(REAL r);
21:54 <smoothice> GetEffectiveSegments() const;
21:54 <smoothice> GetEffectiveSegmentLength() const;
21:54 <PinkTomato> pastebin!
21:54 <guru3> in zShape?
21:54 <smoothice> oops
21:54 <smoothice> Yeah
21:54 <guru3> that can't be it
21:54 <smoothice> setRotation2
21:55 <smoothice> setGrowth
21:55 <smoothice> and some pos stuff
21:55 <smoothice> but that's it
21:57 <guru3> hmmm
21:58 <guru3> guess you'll have to add it
21:59 <smoothice> ok
22:01 <smoothice> guru3, z-man: Yeah, the only two remaining errors I'm getting are the lack of ability to see the velocity and radius of the flag zone
22:01 <smoothice> set*
22:01 <guru3> now i know i saw setradius just now
22:01 <smoothice> but
22:02 <smoothice> there is no radius in zones v2
22:02 <guru3> for zCircles?
22:02 <smoothice> except for zShapeCircles
22:02 <smoothice> but
22:02 <smoothice> there may be polygonal flags
22:02 <z-man> The real radius is the product of that with the scale property of the zShape base (or zZone, can't remember).
22:03 <z-man> For animation, you should use the scale.
22:03 <z-man> That works for polygons, too.
22:03 <smoothice> ok
22:03 <smoothice> and
22:03 <smoothice> Its argument is a tFunction
22:03 <smoothice> How so I implement that?
22:04 <z-man> tFunction is a linear function of form f(t) = c + a(t-t_0)
22:04 <z-man> t_0 being the reference time stored in the shape.
22:04 <z-man> so you set the zone offset c to 0
22:05 <z-man> the slope a to 1 (or whatever you like)
22:05 <z-man> and the reference time to the current time.
22:05 <smoothice> and what about the scale itself?
22:06 <smoothice> I thought the scale would just be a flaot
22:06 <smoothice> float
22:09 <@armabot> armagetronad: bazaarmagetron * r9136 /armagetronad/branches/0.2.8/armagetronad/ (. NEWS src/engine/ePlayer.cpp): Daniel Lee Harple: SILENCE_ALL can be used on the client to ignore chat from all players locally.
22:13 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has quit [Read error: 110 (Connection timed out)]
22:14 -!- Red_Pachel[home] [n=Red_Pach@cpe-72-230-249-233.rochester.res.rr.com] has joined #armagetron
22:16 <smoothice> z-man: so of tFunction I need to use SetOffset and SetSlope?
22:17 <smoothice> z-man: and then how does offset and slope make a scale?
22:18 <z-man> scale = offset + slope * (time - referencetime)
22:18 <smoothice> so the reference time
22:18 <smoothice> is
22:18 <smoothice> shape->ReferenceTime()?
22:19 <smoothice> SetReferenceTime(); is deprecated
22:21 -!- madmax [n=madmax@unaffiliated/madmax] has quit ["ø"]
22:26 <z-man> It is? But the scale is still a tFunction using it? then slap luke-jr :)
22:26 <smoothice> #help slap
22:26 <@armabot> smoothice: (slap <an alias, 1 argument>) -- Alias for "echo $who slaps $1 for being a raving moron.".
22:27 <smoothice> #slap luke-jr
22:27 <@armabot> smoothice slaps luke-jr for being a raving moron.
22:27 <z-man> Or not. Possibly, the reference time is stored elsewhere.
22:27 <smoothice> well
22:27 <smoothice> there's a setreferencetime but no GetReferenceTime
22:28 <smoothice> -.-
22:28 <smoothice> in fact
22:28 <smoothice> what does reference time do anyways?
22:31 <smoothice> z-man: So I need to recreate SetVelocity as a method of what class?
22:31 <smoothice> or
22:31 <smoothice> should that be done in trunk
22:31 <smoothice> and then I can merge from it
22:31 <epsy> grmpf
22:31 <z-man> Possiby, but it needs to be done :)
22:31 <epsy> ah
22:31 <smoothice> epsy: ???
22:31 <epsy> https://code.launchpad.net/~armagetronad-dev/armagetronad/trunk-cmake
22:31 <epsy> :)
22:31 <z-man> zShape would be the cass.
22:32 <smoothice> ok
22:32 <smoothice> who should implement it?
22:32 <smoothice> It wouldn't make sense for me to implement it and then someone else
22:33 <epsy> argh, my clock is bugged again
22:33 <epsy>  891. By  epsy  in 32 minutes
22:33 <smoothice> #slap epsy
22:33 <@armabot> smoothice slaps epsy for being a raving moron.
22:33 <smoothice> z-man: so should I implement then?
22:33 <z-man> yes.
22:34 <epsy> let's hope CMake+make don't mess up as soon as I get my clock set up properly
22:34 <z-man> does it help us build on Windows and Mac? :)
22:34 <epsy> it SHOULD
22:35 -!- nsh22 [n=neal@unaffiliated/nsh22] has joined #armagetron
22:35 <epsy> now the big problem will be client vs dedicated
22:35 <nsh22> hey
22:36 <epsy> so, well, I will try to make it possible to build both :)
22:48 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has joined #armagetron
22:49 <smoothice> z-man: http://armagetron.pastebin.com/m60bd7374
22:50 <smoothice> z-man: That's all in zShape
22:50 <smoothice> nsh22: what's new
22:50 <nsh22> nm, u
22:50 <smoothice> z-man: I tried Position() too with arguments and stuff with no luck
22:50 <smoothice> nsh22: not much...
22:50 <z-man> it needs to be zShape::SetPosition.
22:51 <z-man> err, zShape::SetVelocity.
22:51 <smoothice> not get?
22:51 <smoothice> ok
22:52 <smoothice> z-man: so then instead of GetPosition
22:52 <smoothice> z-man: zShape::GetPosition ( pos ); ?
22:53 <z-man> no, instead of void SetVelocity( eCoord const & velocity )
22:53 <z-man> void zShape::SetVelocity( eCoord const & velocity )
22:55 <smoothice> yeah I got that... but Instead of the method should it look like this? It compiles: http://armagetron.pastebin.com/m3cf92b3d
22:59 <smoothice> z-man: ?
23:00 <akira_arma> #tea
23:00 <@armabot> akira_arma: Fortress Café: Players (13/32): ?gïrl/dæv/ñµll, Dragon268, free kill (dlh@generalconsumption.org), Ichigo, longballlasch, No Comparison, noob13 (noob13@ct), pike, Player 1, strona, Z00, ~|DS|~AshitakA, ¦×¦ PlayerNuby (PlayerNub@x/member)
23:00 <z-man> I don't know :) I didn't write zShape.
23:01 <z-man> And hardly had anything to do with it.
23:02 <smoothice> ohhhhh
23:02 <smoothice> phillipeqc wrote it?
23:02 <epsy> yes
23:03 <smoothice> dang I wish he was still around
23:04 <epsy> PM him, if it's really important
23:04 <epsy> libtools builds :)
23:05 <smoothice> he gets pm's?
23:05 <epsy> only if you send them
23:06 -!- Concord [n=Concord@pool-72-93-80-152.bstnma.fios.verizon.net] has quit []
23:09 -!- MrBougo [n=MrBougo@ip-62-235-220-25.dsl.scarlet.be] has quit []
23:16 -!- ivantis [n=myG1@m3c0436d0.tmodns.net] has joined #armagetron
23:16 <ivantis> this is fun
23:16 <ivantis> im going to a movie that i wasnt allowed to go to
23:17 <smoothice> -.-
23:17 <ivantis> 'watchmen'
23:17 <ivantis> its R, but im  taking a bus going there
23:17 <ivantis> heehee
23:18 -!- ivantis [n=myG1@m3c0436d0.tmodns.net] has quit [Client Quit]
23:18 <smoothice> z-man: so about the radius... if the original code was
23:18 <smoothice> z-man: SetRadius(originalRadius_ * startRadiusPercent);
23:18 <smoothice> z-man: Then how do I turn that into the scale
23:18 <smoothice> I'm still not quite comprehending tFunction appropriately
23:19 <luke-jr> z-man: SetReferenceTime is on zZone; scale is on zShape
23:19 <guru3> smoothice: have you done linear algebra?
23:19 <smoothice> guru3: is that algebra 1 or 2?
23:20 <guru3> algebra 1 in the US i think
23:20 <z-man> luke-jr: any idea why? Wich part of zZone uses it?
23:20 <smoothice> guru3: then yes
23:21 <guru3> y = mx + b
23:21 <smoothice> Yeah
23:21 <smoothice> slope and y-intercept
23:21 <guru3> from what i saw z-man write earlier
23:21 <guru3> tFunction is a variation on that
23:22 <guru3> where x is the difference between two time steps
23:22 <luke-jr> z-man: zZone doesn't use it
23:22 <luke-jr> z-man: gZone did, for the shape
23:23 <z-man> Then what's it doing there?
23:23 <smoothice> guru3: but then how does that have to do with scale?
23:23 <luke-jr> z-man: zZone::SetReferenceTime is a __deprecated wrapper to shape->SetReferenceTime(), to aid in porting stuff from zones v1
23:23 <guru3> if y was the zone radius
23:23 <guru3> y over the original radius
23:23 <guru3> would be teh scale
23:23 <@armabot> armacommits: [trunk-cmake] r891 Added CMakeLists.txt... || [trunk-cmake] r892 Libtools builds....
23:23 <z-man> Didn't you say reference time is on zZone?
23:24 <luke-jr> the __deprecated zZone::SetReferenceTime calls zShape::SetReferenceTime
23:24 <luke-jr> only the former is deprecated
23:26 <luke-jr> z-man: basically the idea is to go from gZone subclass to zZone subclass with minimal work, fix the bugs, *then* change deprecated calls
23:26 <smoothice> 'class zShape' has no member named 'SetReferenceTime'?
23:26  * nsh22 is away: dinner
23:26 <luke-jr> smoothice: it might be called soemthing else
23:26 <smoothice> nope
23:26 <smoothice> void zShape::setReferenceTime(REAL time)
23:27 <smoothice> damnit
23:27 <smoothice> why does
23:27 <smoothice> arggggg
23:27 <smoothice> shape->SetReferenceTime();
23:27 <smoothice> 'class zShape' has no member named 'SetReferenceTime'
23:27 <smoothice> -.-
23:27 <luke-jr> lowercase 's'
23:27 <luke-jr> you'll need to add a time argument too
23:28 <smoothice> ok
23:28 <smoothice> Got that fixed
23:29 <smoothice> now
23:29 <smoothice> Get and Set Radius are the only things left
23:29 <smoothice> and then I've got flag blinking theoretically
23:29  * nsh22 is back (gone 00:03:08)
23:29 <nsh22> stil working on sty v2?
23:29 <nsh22> or w/e
23:30 <smoothice> nsh22: yeah
23:30 <luke-jr> smoothice: wtf does radius have to do with blinking?
23:30 <smoothice> when it blinks
23:30 <smoothice> it goes from small to big
23:30 <smoothice> and stuff
23:30 <luke-jr> …
23:30 <luke-jr> why
23:30 <smoothice> pig made it that way
23:31 <smoothice> should I remove it?
23:31 <z-man> luke-jr: but what is the reference time variable still doing in zZone?
23:32 <smoothice> luke-jr: the control of the blink is done via Radius... setting it to 0 and then up to the user-controlled value again... back and forth
23:33 <smoothice> luke-jr: I can convert it to alpha if necessary
23:33 <luke-jr> z-man: no idea
23:33 -!- MaZuffeR [n=mazuffer@darkmoor.sby.abo.fi] has quit ["Ex-Chat"]
23:34 <luke-jr> smoothice: probably should be an option
23:34 <smoothice> luke-jr: flag blinking at all?
23:35 <luke-jr> I'm assuming that's already an option
23:35 <smoothice> yes
23:35 <smoothice> all the configs are in
23:48 <nsh22> smoothice: how is the php thingy goin?
23:48 <smoothice> nsh22: god
23:48 <smoothice> good
23:48 <nsh22> :P
23:49 <epsy> hmmm
23:49 <epsy> darn
23:49 <smoothice> ?
23:49 <epsy> network built up to the forelast target
23:49 <epsy> then fails on the last one
23:49 <epsy> with an error I don't really understand
23:53 <epsy> z-man, http://armagetronad.pastebin.com/m45a4e77e
23:53 <epsy> z-man, any idea?
23:54 <smoothice> luke-jr: how do I control the alpha of a zone? shape->Alpha?
23:54 <z-man> epsy: looks like missing includes, perhaps some flags set wronly
23:55 <luke-jr> tColor color = shape->GetColor(); /* manipulate color.a_ */; shape->SetColor(color);
23:55 <z-man> for example, trying to include the Windows headers or something.
23:55 <smoothice> luke-jr: alpha, not color
23:55 <epsy> is the <unnamed>:: part normal?
23:55 <luke-jr> smoothice: alpha is part of the color
23:56 <smoothice> but alpha isn't r g b
23:56 <epsy> you can set a
23:56 <smoothice> ooo
23:56 <smoothice> k
23:56 <epsy> or a_
23:56 <epsy> can't remember
23:56 <luke-jr> tColor isn't r g b
23:56 <luke-jr> it's RGBA
23:56 <smoothice> ok
23:58 <epsy> z-man, [23:56] <epsy>: is the <unnamed>:: part normal?
23:59 <z-man> No.
23:59 <z-man> May be the anonymous namespace.
23:59 <epsy> that's what I'm thinking

View entire month
DISCLAIMER: These logs of public chat may contain some content which may not be appropriate for all audiences. Use at your own risk.
Logs from 2006-2009 pulled from wrtlprnft
Format changes at: 2015-08-25, 2017-02-20, and 2020-03-23. Times (2015 and later) should be Eastern.


 
 
 ArmaNelgTron.tk
 © NelgTron 2014-2021. Made for . [About this site] [Credits]